Friday, September 5, 2008

WooHoo, I'll be published...

I finished the Reed obituary for Matt, at the very last minute in good Reedie fashion. They changed it around a little to match the format they have for obits, but it's pretty much the same as my version. I also made this blog

I posted the newspaper and Reed obituaries there, and the idea is that people can add comments after they read the obituary, or the family can add information about Matt and the kids, or whatever.

When I was trying to think of what to write about Matt's time at Reed, I remembered one of the first days we were there, up in his tiny room on the 3rd floor of Kerr, and he showed me how he had opened the pencil drawer of the battered wooden desk, when he moved in, and someone had scrated "matriculate elsewhere" into the wood.

No comments: