Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank You

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

(yes, you, Alison)

Because of you, I got off my butt and sent money, made phone calls, talked to my family and friends and colleagues. And I know I'm not the only one.

Yesterday, I got to take my daughters with me to the polls before school, so they could see how we vote, and help me fill in the bubbles. And then I got to go to our "overflow" Obama headquaters at someone's house and make calls to Ohio and Virginia. And then we sat around the kitchen table listening to the radio as the results came in, and Bridget taught us all an Obama cheer-dance, and we ran around the living room screaming when Ohio was called, and I had to explain, several times between then and the end of Obama's speech, why I was crying.

This was something I heard last week on the radio (I don't know who wrote it):

Rosa sat so that Martin could walk.
Martin walked so that Barack could run.
Barack ran so that our children could fly.

2 comments:

alimum said...

You are welcome. But I am sure it wasn't me, really. If I hadn't been the one saying, "go make some phone calls," there would have been someone else saying it because, well, that is how this election has been, we all are out there encouraging one another to do more, drawing inspiration from each other so that we could take back our country.

Tracy said...

No, you were the only one saying it to me.