Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ok, Ok

So, since you have told me explicitly that I should actually write something on this ol'blog, and since you keep pointing people to it, despite the embarrassing fact that I haven't written anything in a year, and that all they'll see is a picture of a chewed up pig, and since I (probably) no longer have to worry about being stalked... I thought I would share my deepest thoughts, so you would know how I spend my time.

So- why is it that the Chinese women's gymnastics program can spend millions training these brilliant tiny whirling dervishes, design them fabulous patriotic costumes, build them a huge new stadium, but they can't spend $2.99 on a package of BLACK goody hair clips?

To pull my mind out of the gutter of complete internet coverage of the Olympics (trampoline? When did trampoline become an Olympic event?), I decided to rename the blog, since I don't have all that much witty to say about knitting and literature, and just do what everyone else does- use it to send you random updates about things that have very little to do with me personally, alternating with attempts to write very personal things that no one else would care about, but make me feel literary. And then I might add occasional photos of knitting and gardening and children and dogs, home improvement projects, and other creative endeavors.

1 comment:

alimum said...

The hair clips are the way in which they show their individuality and autonomy. It's like the Chinese government and coaches are saying to the girls "We decide when you sleep, when you eat, when you train, your routines...but you get to choose the color and number of clips you wear in your hair during competition! Such freedom we are allowing you, little girls! Embrace it, use all the colors in the box if you must, we will not question your choice---so long as you stick your landings!"